ATS-120

Обсуждение прошивок для приемников на микросхеме SI473x (ATS25)
TDI_Power
Благодарил (а): 3 раза

ATS-120

Сообщение TDI_Power »

Hi All

Ha anyone tried the ATS-120, anyone think about firmware for this ?
Binns
Site Admin
Благодарил (а): 17 раз

ATS-120

Сообщение Binns »

TDI_Power писал(а): 29 июн 2023, 03:16 Ha anyone tried the ATS-120, anyone think about firmware for this ?
We are currently working on adapting the H-RADIO firmware for the ATS120 receiver. The current firmware version can be installed, but it does not support some receiver functions and is not recommended for installation. Wait for the update.
TDI_Power

ATS-120

Сообщение TDI_Power »

Excellent, I can’t wait !

Thanks for the reply.
TDI_Power

ATS-120

Сообщение TDI_Power »

I installed the 4.16 firmware on my ATS-120 and it's working fine.

One thing I would request is that with the stock Firmware I was able to access the FM presets via pressing "FM" under the RDS button and turning the knob, now I can only access FM presets by going into "memo" is it possible to make it so that the presets can be accessed simply by pressing FM and turning the knob ?

I notice FM RDS scrolls too fast.

I also notice the ATS-120 sounds better on SSB, there is much less distortion than the ATS-25+ I wish there were more efforts to solve this Distortion on SSB and have a lower low frequency cut off, this would make SSB sound a lot better, now it seems that Audio cut off of bass is around 300 Hz, this not due to the little speaker it seems to be a SI47xx issue in general as with the distortion.

But, I would say the ATS-120 is better, the LNA helps on the whip but can introduce FM bleed over on SW. As with the ATS-25 there is no front end filtering and it would be nice to see this in future generations.
Binns
Site Admin

ATS-120

Сообщение Binns »

TDI_Power писал(а): 09 июл 2023, 15:27 One thing I would request is that with the stock Firmware I was able to access the FM presets via pressing "FM" under the RDS button and turning the knob, now I can only access FM presets by going into "memo" is it possible to make it so that the presets can be accessed simply by pressing FM and turning the knob ?
In order for the stations to be displayed by the FM button, you need to add your city and link the FM stations to it. Watch the video overview of the firmware functions here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOOGiMQLqK0
Binns
Site Admin

ATS-120

Сообщение Binns »

TDI_Power писал(а): 09 июл 2023, 15:27 I also notice the ATS-120 sounds better on SSB, there is much less distortion than the ATS-25+ I wish there were more efforts to solve this Distortion on SSB and have a lower low frequency cut off, this would make SSB sound a lot better, now it seems that Audio cut off of bass is around 300 Hz, this not due to the little speaker it seems to be a SI47xx issue in general as with the distortion.

But, I would say the ATS-120 is better, the LNA helps on the whip but can introduce FM bleed over on SW. As with the ATS-25 there is no front end filtering and it would be nice to see this in future generations.
Could you make a video or explain in detail what you wrote here
TDI_Power

ATS-120

Сообщение TDI_Power »

You mean Regarding the distortion ?, this is the clipping at the beginning of transmission ( AGC issue ) which is worse with stronger stations, it's worse on the ATS-25 but this is probably more of a hardware issue than Firmware, the Tecsun PL-880,990x S-8800 and H501x also suffer from this clipping with stronger signals, the h501x is better and the PL-330 the distortion is even less.

Regarding bass cut off, this would be hard to make a video to explain this but with DSP SI47xx there is a low frequency cut off of around 300 Hz, this is what I read somewhere which is one reason there is little bass in the audio regardless of speaker or headphones. SSB audio I mean.
Binns
Site Admin

ATS-120

Сообщение Binns »

TDI_Power писал(а): 09 июл 2023, 18:12 Regarding bass cut off, this would be hard to make a video to explain this but with DSP SI47xx there is a low frequency cut off of around 300 Hz, this is what I read somewhere which is one reason there is little bass in the audio regardless of speaker or headphones. SSB audio I mean.
Do you mean that if a 2200Hz bandwidth filter is installed, then we hear it passes only from 300Hz to 2200Hz?
TDI_Power

ATS-120

Сообщение TDI_Power »

Binns писал(а): 09 июл 2023, 20:57
TDI_Power писал(а): 09 июл 2023, 18:12 Regarding bass cut off, this would be hard to make a video to explain this but with DSP SI47xx there is a low frequency cut off of around 300 Hz, this is what I read somewhere which is one reason there is little bass in the audio regardless of speaker or headphones. SSB audio I mean.
Do you mean that if a 2200Hz bandwidth filter is installed, then we hear it passes only from 300Hz to 2200Hz?
Yes this is what I have read, no matter what the bandwidth set it will always cut at 300 Hz, this makes sense because with any DSP radio ( except the Sangean ATS-909 X2 which is the only DSP radio that sounds good on SSB and ECSS ) even with headphones the audio on SSB always sounds thin on the SI47xxx radio, lack of bass, this is particularly noticeable with ECSS which uses USB/LSB on a commercial station.

I believe this is a limitation of the Silicon Labs SI47xx chip.

I have the original Russian Malahit DSP 2 and there is much more low frequency in the SSB audio, same with my Tecsun PL-680 analogue radio.

I do wonder why People are making Radios based on the SIxxx chip and not go full SDR like the Malahit or the Deepelec ?

How difficult would it be to install front end filtering in the design of these radios ?
TDI_Power

ATS-120

Сообщение TDI_Power »

Binns писал(а): 09 июл 2023, 16:19
TDI_Power писал(а): 09 июл 2023, 15:27 One thing I would request is that with the stock Firmware I was able to access the FM presets via pressing "FM" under the RDS button and turning the knob, now I can only access FM presets by going into "memo" is it possible to make it so that the presets can be accessed simply by pressing FM and turning the knob ?
In order for the stations to be displayed by the FM button, you need to add your city and link the FM stations to it. Watch the video overview of the firmware functions here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOOGiMQLqK0

This works, thanks.
Ответить