ATS25 AMP mistake update

Обсуждение прошивок для приемников на микросхеме SI473x (ATS25)
G8PTN
Благодарил (а): 4 раза

ATS25 AMP mistake update

Сообщение G8PTN »

Binns писал(а): 14 янв 2024, 18:18 If you have this receiver, you may notice that when the battery charge decreases, the decoder stops working. This is due to the improperly organized power supply of the decoder chips. It is required to add a power converter to supply the correct value of the supply voltage of these chips.
Hi,
Thanks very much for the information. I had measured the voltage to the decoder circuit and noticed it was directly from the battery without any boost circuit.

Assuming that the hardware modification is made to provide 5V to the decoder circuit, will the future firmware be able to be used on the ATS25 AMP with the changes in the setting.ini parameters?
73, Dave
Binns
Site Admin
Благодарил (а): 16 раз

ATS25 AMP mistake update

Сообщение Binns »

G8PTN писал(а): 14 янв 2024, 18:36 Assuming that the hardware modification is made to provide 5V to the decoder circuit, will the future firmware be able to be used on the ATS25 AMP with the changes in the setting.ini parameters?
You can already use the firmware with changes in setting.ini, we wrote about this earlier. I just explained why there will be no official support for this receiver.
G8PTN

ATS25 AMP mistake update

Сообщение G8PTN »

Binns писал(а): 14 янв 2024, 19:28 You can already use the firmware with changes in setting.ini, we wrote about this earlier. I just explained why there will be no official support for this receiver.
Okay, all understood and thanks again. Keep up the great work.
73, Dave
Alphaacres
Благодарил (а): 10 раз

ATS25 AMP mistake update

Сообщение Alphaacres »

Mika писал(а): 31 дек 2023, 13:00 Hello,
Thanks you, it seems to be working now.
Are there any other interesting parameters to adjust ?
Add colored buttons to settings by pressing the tuning knob on power up.
For example I can hear the FT8, but the decoding doesn't seem to do, and I don't see it on the waterfall.
slartibartphast

ATS25 AMP mistake update

Сообщение slartibartphast »

Binns писал(а): 14 янв 2024, 11:12 The ATS25 AMP receiver has a design defect that does not allow the correct use of the stated firmware functions. Therefore, this receiver will not be supported by the firmware.
Wait, I thought the AMP was legit. I purposefully got it on amazon to get something real, it has your firmware on it already, is it a pirated design/version? If the lna and switching etc are supported in your firmware but the AMP is not legitimate, what radio supports those? I want to buy your official product.
Binns
Site Admin
Благодарил (а): 16 раз

ATS25 AMP mistake update

Сообщение Binns »

slartibartphast писал(а): 15 янв 2024, 23:56 Wait, I thought the AMP was legit. I purposefully got it on amazon to get something real, it has your firmware on it already, is it a pirated design/version? If the lna and switching etc are supported in your firmware but the AMP is not legitimate, what radio supports those? I want to buy your official product.
HARDUINO is not a receiver manufacturer, but only a developer of software for devices. The list of supported devices is available on the firmware download page. These devices have been tested with firmware and are guaranteed to support the functions stated by the device manufacturer. This is not the case with the ATS25AMP receiver due to a defect in the receiver circuit. There are other receivers that are not supported due to known defects or lack of experience testing firmware on these devices. However, the firmware can be installed on them by the manufacturer. And in this case, it is not a fake. The manufacturer can fix their device and then there will be official firmware support. But it doesn't depend on us.
slartibartphast

ATS25 AMP mistake update

This is disappointing to hear. So apparently these vendors can buy your firmware and install it to radios you don't approve, and then we look and thing it's supported when it's not! I am going to complain to the vendor, who knows what they will say.
G8PTN

ATS25 AMP mistake update

Сообщение G8PTN »

slartibartphast писал(а): 16 янв 2024, 18:50 This is disappointing to hear. So apparently these vendors can buy your firmware and install it to radios you don't approve, and then we look and thing it's supported when it's not! I am going to complain to the vendor, who knows what they will say.
Hi,
For information, I have tested my ATS25 AMP and is appears to work down to a battery voltage of 3.2V. Unfortunately, has “Binns” pointed out the digital decoder section of receiver is not correctly powered, and the devices are operating well below their specified limits and therefore the correct behaviour can’t be guaranteed.

I think all of these receivers have to be put in perspective. They are not commercial grade designs, and there are likely to be many aspects of the design that will not work fully over all voltage and temperature conditions. To a large extent they are experimental receivers that have evolved from the hobbyist community.
73, Dave
slartibartphast

ATS25 AMP mistake update

Yes I got it for the tinkering aspect anyway, and if it is feasable I will put in a booster to get 5vdc, though at the moment I am fiddling with antennas to get some reception which is not that good for met yet. I'm a ham and used to have a huge 500' sky heater type loop but that is no more.
G8PTN

ATS25 AMP mistake update

Сообщение G8PTN »

Hi,
Yes, I think they are great for the tinkering aspect. I would try it on FT8 (remember to set the time) and CW/RTTY decode first before making any mods, it will probably be okay.

I had a look at the PCB, and I think it would require a couple of cuts/straps on the bottom side of the PCB and then the addition of a boost regulator, a charge pump would probably be adequate for powering the digital decoder chips.
73, Dave
Ответить